What are cookies?
They are small text files and numbers that are downloaded and installed on your computer or mobile through your browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) or through a Flash application.
Cookies allow websites to "remember" you, either during one visit or multiple visits, and to store information about your preferences to offer you a faster, easier and personalized experience. Only the server that installed it will be able to read its content, which on the other hand, will be anonymous.
Even if they are installed on your hard drive, as they are only text or numbers, they are not capable of accessing personal information on your computer by themselves, nor of transmitting viruses: they only track browsing on a website.
There are many types of cookies and they are classified based on how long they remain on your computer, who installs them, based on their purpose, techniques, advertising, analysis, personalization, etc.
Below we explain what cookies are according to their function:
- Session cookies: designed to collect and store data while the user accesses the website. They are usually used to store information that is only interested in keeping for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion.
- Persistent cookies: persistent cookies are a type of cookie in which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
- Own cookies: these are cookies created by this website and can only be read by the site itself.
- Third-party cookies: they are those created and managed by other entities, such as advertising, personalization or analysis service providers. These third parties can report anonymous data to us.
- Technical cookies: are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist in it, such as controlling traffic or data communication.
- Personalization cookies: they allow the user to access with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user's terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the service is accessed, the regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of websites, applications or platforms and to create browsing profiles for users of said sites.
- Advertising cookies: allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which the requested service is provided based on criteria such as content edited or the frequency in which the ads are shown.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: they allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display personalized advertising based on it.
Functional cookies for the proper functioning of the site. In this case, to remember language preferences: [qtrans_cookie_test].
Analytical cookies: they allow us to obtain anonymous statistics on visits to our page, detect possible navigation errors, learn about the content or categories that people like the most and, from there, propose a more practical and appropriate browsing experience for users. tastes of our visitors. We use the universal service of Google Analytics. The names of the corresponding cookies are: [__utma], [__utmb], [__utmc], [__utmz].
Preference, social, recommendation or advertising cookies: they include cookies that are not included in the previous categories. They are cookies from third-party entities with which we collaborate temporarily or permanently to offer the usual functionalities of social networks (Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, etc.), more personalized services of preferences or "on-page" recommendation, reminder advertising and the corresponding attribution tracking, etc. The cookie [cookie_legal_www.meduxa.net] is what allows us to remember your consent regarding the use of all cookies.
All our cookies are associated with the domain "meduxa.net" or "www.meduxa.net". Below we propose a list of the official pages of the most popular browsers, where each one explains the steps to follow to configure cookies in detail and depending on the version:
Internet Explorer http://windows.microsoft.com/es-xl/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-10